Join us on Sunday, February 14 as we welcome Pastor James Bartos back to Holy Trinity as a part of our 100th anniversary celebration. He will be preaching during worship at 11:00 and then afterwards we'll be having a potluck luncheon in his honor. Pastor Bartos served us from 1993 through 2003.
- that centers around God's table of grace, reserved for no one and freely offered to ALL?
- that is open to diverse understandings of God?
- that cares more about the relationship you have with God than your knowledge of church doctrine?
- that shares Jesus' passion for the poor, the oppressed and the marginalized?
- that encourages critical thinking, even doubting, as an important part of growing in faith?
- that honors the Bible as a collection of writings to be taken seriously, but not literally?
- that expects the Spirit to transform God's people and supports all who are open to that ongoing transformation in their lives?
- that seeks to follow the Jesus Way in the world, the way of radical compassion for other people (especially those who are not "like us") and all creation?
That's the kind of community we're striving to be at Holy Trinity. If you long to be a part of such a community, check us out. Perhaps God is calling you to join us in our mission.
Loving Not Judging
This year we will be worshiping together at noon on Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. We hope this will give people an opportunity to worship on these important days who aren’t able to worship with us in the evening. On Easter morning, the neighborhood churches will also gather for a sunrise service at 7:30 a.m.
The pastor’s class meeting in the library will be viewing and discussing "Embracing an Alternative Orthodoxy" with Richard Rohr, who invites us to explore a Christian faith informed by contemplation, mysticism, compassion, justice and centuries of rich, Christian history. If you don’t know Fr. Rohr, you’re in for a treat. If you do know him, you won’t want to miss this time with him. He will blow your spiritual mind!
Sunday school classes for all ages meet every Sunday morning with classes or children and adults.
11:00 AM WORSHIP includes a sermon from our pastor and Holy Communion. We also offer childcare during this service, beginning at 10:45 AM. (See worship tab above for more information.)