Each Wednesday during Lent join the neighborhood churches for a 30 minute worship service at noon followed by a free lunch. Clergy from the churches take turns offering the sermon for the day and their congregations prepare the lunches. Churches participating include: Holy Trinity, Plaza Presbyterian, The Vine, and Commonwealth Methodist. ALL SERVICES ARE AT HOLY TRINITY THIS YEAR. Please join us!
11:00 AM WORSHIP includes a sermon from our pastor and Holy Communion. We also offer childcare during this service, beginning at 10:45 AM. (See worship tab above for more information.)
- that centers around God's table of grace, reserved for no one and freely offered to ALL?
- that is open to diverse understandings of God?
- that cares more about the relationship you have with God than your knowledge of church doctrine?
- that shares Jesus' passion for the poor, the oppressed and the marginalized?
- that encourages critical thinking, even doubting, as an important part of growing in faith?
- that honors the Bible as a collection of writings to be taken seriously, but not literally?
- that expects the Spirit to transform God's people and supports all who are open to that ongoing transformation in their lives?
- that seeks to follow the Jesus Way in the world, the way of radical compassion for other people (especially those who are not "like us") and all creation?
That's the kind of community we're striving to be at Holy Trinity. If you long to be a part of such a community, check us out. Perhaps God is calling you to join us in our mission.
Loving Not Judging
Join us for a day-long Lenten retreat on Saturday, March 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. as we dig deep into the stories that are a part of our lives. We will gather at Holy Covenant United Church of Christ, 3501 West WT Harris Blvd in University City/Derita. Pastor Nancy will lead our time together which will include quiet reflection, open conversation and Holy Communion. The cost is $10, which includes lunch. Please bring: a Bible, a notebook and pen or pencil. Let Pastor Nancy let you know if you will be attending no later than March 11.
Sunday school classes for all ages meet every Sunday morning with an open classroom for children and two adult classes.